Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Kink by Nikki Sex

Title:  Kink
Author:  Nikki Sex
Published:  June 22/14
Length:  421pgs
Format:  ecopy
Genre:  erotic BDSM
Shelf:  review
Rating:  ★★★★★


Synopsis from Goodreads:

Emily Malone snuck into my life, slipped under my skin, and right into my heart. Little did I know that danger and death tagged along with her, following in her innocent wake.

I’m always in control – but not with her. Emily makes me doubt myself, because she’s so important to me. Emily knows nothing of the lifestyle. I know she’s submissive, but I must take it slow.


Gradually, step-by-step, I’ll teach her to enjoy my particular brand of kink, my unique darker needs. She’ll learn to love what I love. What I need.

That is if both of us live long enough to complete her training.

Adult-content rating: This book contains content considered unsuitable for young readers 17 and under, and which may be offensive to some readers of all ages.

My Review:

Wow! She’s definitely outdone herself with this one. This is definitely Nikki Sex’s raciest novel yet. And I couldn’t put it down for a second!

The plot of this novel is intricately crafted, both in and outside the bedroom. This novel really makes you think. There are parts of this storyline that intrinsically call out to you. This is a different kind of story than it’s prequel, delving deeper into humanity. This is all done without losing what we expect from this author: a steamy Dom/sub relationship.

Having read most of this author’s previous work I can really see and appreciate the evolution in her writing throughout. The heat that we’ve come to know her for is still there, but the plot and writing style have improved drastically. I appreciate that this novel can be read either as a standalone, or as a sequel to Sex’s previous novel, FATE.

The characters in this novel are very interesting individuals. Sex develops them completely in this novel, without negating or rehashing what we’ve learned of them before. And don’t forget Andre! That loveable character that seems to reappear in almost every one of Sex’s novels. You can’t have a Nikki Sex novel without him.

|  Goodreads  |  Shelfari  |  Amazon  |

No comments:

Post a Comment