Monday, May 13, 2013

Waking Tide by Andrea Goodson

Title: Waking Tide
Author:  Andrea Goodson
Series:  Riverbend Trilogy #3
Published:   April 16th 2013 by Andrea Goodson
Page Count:  161
Shelf:  Review Copy
Rating:  ★★★★★

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Third Book in The Riverbend Trilogy

Lena's heart is empty with apathy after the tragic death of her mother. Unfeeling and cold, she doesn't know where to turn.

Will attempts to help Lena as he always has, but will her coldness and rejection finally push him to the brink?

The final resolution to The Riverbend Trilogy is another fast-paced novel full of grief, discovery, and love.

Lena must ultimately decide what matters most- her comfort and security or the chance of happiness?

My Review:

This is another phenomenal story from Andrea Goodson. Yet again she captivated me from the first page and kept me going throughout. I couldn’t put this novel down for a second. It was a brilliant novel and a phenomenal conclusion to the Riverbend trilogy.

I love how Goodson uses history to base her novel on. Although in essence this story is about love and loss, it is also about the history of an interaction between the Western world and a Native American nation. This novel is, in essence, a work of fiction, however there is real history behind it. Goodson stays true to that history as well as the practices of said nation.

I really appreciate how smoothly and clearly Goodson switches perspective from character to character. It really adds depth and mystery to the story, knowing what different characters are thinking and how they are feeling. Goodson also changes the tone and colour of her writing with certain characters to increase the feeling of suspense and possible doom that some of the characters are facing. Goodson’s descriptions continue to amaze me, putting everything into perspective while letting you see what the characters are seeing and experience what they are experiencing. Goodson also plays on the reader’s emotions, pulling them further into the conflicts of the story, both those experienced by characters individually or as a group. More than once she brought tears to my eyes, but also had times where she made me laugh out loud.

I love how Goodson’s characters continue to grow as individuals. They keep finding out new things about each other and about themselves. She really takes the time to let you get to know the characters without ever dwelling on them. I am sad to see these characters go, but I am very glad to see that our star-crossed lovers now seem to be on the same path, even though that means I can’t keep Will for myself any longer.

And the rest, they say, is history.

Buy your copy online here today!


No comments:

Post a Comment