Thursday, October 13, 2016

Scandalous Intentions by Amanda Mariel

Title:  Scandalous Intentions
Series:  Ladies and Scoundrels #2
Author:  Amanda Mariel
Publication Date:  June 18th 2015 by Three Worlds Press
Length:  140pgs
Genre:  historical romance
Shelf:  review
My Rating: ★★★★
Book Links: GoodreadsAmazon(US)Amazon(CA) 

Back Cover Blurb:

When faced with losing his inheritance, notorious rake Lord Julian Luvington sets his sights on Lady Sarah. She’s as respectable as they come, just what his father ordered. But the lady shan’t be easily won. 

She’s determined to marry for love or not at all, and she’ll do anything to obtain the freedom granted to men. A blackguard like Lord Luvington could destroy her hard-won reputation, but marriage to him also offers her the opportunities she can’t achieve on her own. What’s a lady to do?

When Lord Luvington refuses to abandon his pursuit, Lady Sarah proposes an arrangement. Only the price may be more than either bargained for. Lady Sarah could lose more than her social standing and Julian could lose his heart.

My Review:

What a novel!  The intricate plot drew me in while the fantastic storytelling kept me locked away in the novel as I lived the story alongside the characters.  The brilliant descriptions allowed me to picture every aspect and drew me back in time. 

Mariel's enticing and upbeat writing style really brings this novel to life as she creates characters who become part of your world.  The vividness of this tale really shoots it up another level.  At times I felt as if I were actually living the story rather than simply reading it.  That said, I will warn those who are history buffs that there are a few blips in the events that add to the plot but are not completely plausible in the real world.  But the story is fantastic despite them.

This was a brilliant second installment in Mariel's series.  I love how connected I feel to the characters and can't wait to see what she comes up with next!


No comments:

Post a Comment