Sunday, July 10, 2016

The Strange Tale of Samantha Ravenwood by Connie C. Scharon

Title:  The Strange Tale of Samantha Ravenwood
Series:  Highland Legends #5
Author:  Connie C. Scharon
Publication Date:   April 15th 2016
Length:  333pgs
Genre:  time travel romance
Shelf:  review
My Rating: ★★★
Book Links: GoodreadsAmazon(US)Amazon(CA)

Back Cover Blurb:

Samantha Stewart explores the ruins of Carraig Castle and falls through an ancient time portal. Stunned and disoriented, she finds herself captured and fighting for her life in medieval Scotland. With a swipe of his sword, John Ravenwood saves her life. Samantha falls in love with her rescuer. Trapped in the thirteenth century, she marries him. But a frightening prophecy threatens their happiness. Samantha must choose between John and the life of her unborn child, a choice that will seal her destiny.

My Review:

Scharon did a wonderful job setting the scene and allowing readers to really picture the setting of the story. The plot varies from adventuresome to hard hitting. Scharon develops the romance in an interesting manner allowing readers insight into the world in which her characters fin themselves.

The characters in this novel were the reason that I couldn’t fully get into the story. Don’t get me wrong, I did enjoy them and they served their purpose, but there were multiple times when I found myself asking them ‘you just did what?’ I found their action and reactions to be unbelievable or unnatural at times.

All in all this was a fairly enjoyable novel. The plot and setting were strong, I just couldn’t fully get on board with this particular couple, but not to the extent that it ruined the story for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment