Friday, July 1, 2016

Nika by D.H. Gibbs

Title:  Nika
Series:   Seychatka #1 
Author:  D.H. Gibbs
Publication Date:  March 1/16
Length:  75pgs
Genre:  YA Fantasy
Shelf:  review
My Rating: ★★★★
Book Links: GoodreadsAmazon(US)Amazon(CA) - B&N

Back Cover Blurb:

Taken off the streets Nika is thrown into an unknown world where she’s held captive. As an orphan, she has been on the run and must find her way out before they discover her secret. But these people held the knowledge of her family and who she is. Will she be able to find out before her secret is revealed?

After hundreds of years, Demyan has finally found the rightful ruler of his race. Unfortunately, she doesn’t know who she is and is doing everything in her power to escape him. Time is running out and Demyan has to convince Nika to take her rightful place otherwise the battle will be lost and his race extinguished.

My Review:

What a unique and catching start to a new series. Gibbs has penned a novella that held my attention throughout. The plot was quite well laid out, allowing me to enjoy every moment of it. There were loads of descriptions that allowed me to picture each aspect of the locale. The passage of time is well marked without leaving the reader feeling jilted. There was also an intriguing history of the world and of the magick within. It really drew me in.

The characters that Gibbs has created really tugged at my heart. I enjoyed getting to know each of them. They were fun and easy to relate to. I also loved the different relationships that we experience throughout and how they build to hint at something more in the future.

I’m definitely anxious to see what happens next in the series. Davis has set the stage for a very intriguing series to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment