Saturday, May 21, 2016

Having the Rancher's Baby by Cathy McDavid

Title:  Having the Rancher's Baby
Series:  Mustang Valley #7
Author:  Cathy McDavid
Publication Date:   June 7/16 by Harlequin Western Romance
Length:  224pgs
Genre:  contemporary romance
Shelf:  Netgalley
My Rating: ★★★★
Book Links: GoodreadsAmazon(US)Amazon(CA) - B&N - Kobo - Indigo - Google Play

Back Cover Blurb:

SETTLE DOWN, COWBOY!

His family's Arizona cattle ranch is just the place for Cole Dempsey to hang his hat before he heads back to the rodeo circuit. That is, until Violet Hathaway makes Cole think twice about his future when the livestock manager delivers her game-changing news: she's pregnant!

One passionate mistake could cost Vi her job at Dos Estrellas. And whatever growing feelings Cole and Violet have for each other, she knows the professional cowboy hadn't planned on settling down in Mustang Valley. When he hits the road again, he'll take her dream of them making a life together. Or is a rancher's legacy about to come full circle?

My Review:

Once again McDavid has created a sweet and heartfelt tale that was easy to read. Her concise yet descriptive writing allows the characters to shine as the story unfolds. I love how easily I can picture the entire setting of this tale, even now, yet at the same time, the descriptions never slowed the forward progression of the tale, tugging my heart along with it.

I love the way that she brings emotions to the surface through her characters and their actions. It’s so easy to feel and understand what they do. At the same time, they don’t become predictable. They’re such genuine, real people that I couldn’t help but fall in love with them.

This was a great, quick read romance that I really enjoyed. McDavid’s stories always capture my heart and leave me daydreaming about her heroes afterwards. This was no exception.


1 comment: