Friday, April 15, 2016

Frozen Fire & The Puppy and the Queen by Nikki Steele

Title:  Frozen Fire
Series:  The Baker & The Billionaire #3
Author:  Nikki Steele
Publication Date:  February 12/16
Length:  52pgs
Genre:  contemporary romance
Shelf:  review
Rating: ★★★★
Book Links :  GoodreadsAmazon(US)Amazon(CA)

Back Cover Blurb:

My hands moved into his lap. “You’ve given me so many new experiences lately—the hot tub, the library, flying a plane.” I looked up at him. “Now it’s time to give you one.”

Libby is a curvy cook. Jax is a Billionaire. When Libby misses her flight home, Jax decides to fly her himself, on his private jet.

But just as one problem is solved, a whole new set arises. Because now she has to introduce him to her parents… and more importantly, her sister.

Frozen Fire is a tale of sisters, food issues, self-discovery… and one very sexy Billionaire. It is a short, steamy romance which includes a smoking hot scene which is for adults only.

It is book three in a four part series. It is a self-contained story, but is part of a larger storyline (so contains a minor cliffhanger).Read if you want intelligent, curvy romance with all the sexy bits left in!

My Review:

Olympic trials mix with an intimate relationship in interesting ways here. I enjoyed the family interlude amidst the chaos of the trials. And how Libby’s true nature shines through no matter what. Her heart is so big that you can’t help but feel for her, even if she doesn’t see herself the same way that others do. And I love how Jax believes in her no matter what. The emotions between these two tugged at my heart. The intimate (and explosive) chemistry between them only serves to heighten the relationship for me. Libby’s new, daring side is so charming. By this point in time in this series I have an epic hate on for Libby’s sister. I don’t think I’ve ever met a meaner, more self-centred character, and obliviously so. I don’t know if family loyalty would make me follow my sister were I treated the way that she treats Libby. This all combined to create a whole that I devoured in no time at all. I simply couldn`t put it down. And the cliff-hanger at the end left me dying to read the conclusion!


Title:  The Puppy & The Queen
Series:  The Puppy & The Prince #3
Author:  Nikki Steele
Publication Date:  January 6/16
Length:  59pgs
Genre:  contemporary romance
Shelf:  review
Rating: ★★★★
Book Links: GoodreadsAmazon(US)Amazon(CA)

Back Cover Blurb:

With the help of her feisty puppy Baxter, Kate has met the man of her dreams. The only problem is, he’s a prince, and the royal mother does not approve.

The Prince has taken her to his castle in Europe, but will she survive the Queen’s wrath?

This is a short, steamy romance. It contains hot hot hot action between a curvy woman and a sexy, exotic Prince Charming. It includes scenes which are for adults only.

It is book three in a four part series. While it can be read independently, it is part of a larger storyline with references to previous events.

Read it if you want a modern Cinderella romance with the steamy bits left in!

My Review:

They’re back! Kate & Xander are definitely a couple I find myself rooting for, both while reading their story and while I’m counting the minutes to get back to it. Steele has definitely got my attention with this instalment in her series. The intrigue and mystery surrounding parts of the tale took me for a loop, adding a plot twist that I loved. I’ll admit, there was one moment where I turned to my dog and was like: ‘Wait! What? That’s not what’s supposed to happen!’ I was so convinced I had it all figured out and our resident piece of puppy cuteness would fix everything for these characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment