Thursday, March 24, 2016

Final Target by Zara Keane

Title:  Final Target
Series:  The Triskelion Team #1
Author:  Zara Keane
Publication Date:  March 14/16 by Beaverstone Press LLC
Length:  380pgs
Genre:  romantic suspense
Shelf:  review
Rating: ★★★★★

Back Cover Blurb:

“If the price is right and we approve of the job, we’re not too fussy who we work for. I’ve always had a code of honor, and I don’t give a crap if it’s not one recognized by a court of law.”
Semi-reformed gangster, Lar Delaney, joins forces with his brothers and cousins to form a private company of mercenaries.They’ll sell their services to everyone from government agencies needing off-the-books jobs to criminal organizations.

His last hit turns out to be his first love…

As a final job for his mob boss uncle, Lar Delaney agrees to eliminate one last target. Through the crosshairs of his sniper rifle, he realizes that his target is a former girlfriend—a woman who supposedly died five years previously.

Moira Collins is an intelligence agent whose cover has been shot to smithereens. When she finds herself on the wrong side of an assassin’s rifle, she’s appalled to recognize the only mark she ever let herself fall in love with.

My Review:

Keane has done it again! She’s created a seamless story that combines romance and suspense in perfect proportion. Her vivid descriptions and intricate narrative created an atmosphere that I couldn’t get enough of. Not only that, but the plot was both one of a kind and right up my alley. I couldn’t put it down for a second.

Lar was fantastic. I loved his mix of good and bad, his muddy ethics, and his genuine heart melded to create the ultimate hero. Add to that his history and future goals, along with a few tattoos, and how can you go wrong? Moira was quite the unique counterpart for this tale. On the surface she was Lar’s complete opposite. She grew on me in completely different ways. Yet the further into the story I got, the more I understood how they fit together. The supporting cast really rounded out the story well. I enjoyed the mix of personalities that Keane brought forward. And holy cliff hanger batman! I’m dying to find out what Shane does with his newfound info.

This was quite possibly one of my favourite series launches ever. Keane had me hooked from cover to cover. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this to anyone and I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Book Links 

No comments:

Post a Comment