Sunday, December 20, 2015

Night Hawk by Lindsay McKenna

Title:  Night Hawk
Series:  Jackson Hole /10
Author:  Lindsay McKenna
Publication Date:  December 29/15 by HQN Books
Length:  384pgs
Genre:  romantic suspense
Shelf:  Netgalley
Rating: ★★★★

Back Cover Blurb:

Once upon a ranch in Wyoming…
After losing his comrade, Sergeant Gil Hanford thought a visit to the man's widow would be the decent way to honor his late friend. But Gil found more than comfort in Kai Tiernan—he had always secretly desired beautiful Kai, but a sudden, mutual passion helped assuage their grief… until duty reared its head, removing him from her arms, seemingly forever.

Four years later, Kai is starting over at the Triple H Ranch in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Born a rancher, she is looking for a new beginning—but her new boss is unforgivably familiar. Kai has tried to move past the memory of what happened between her and Gil, even though she's never forgiven him for leaving her. But even as they begin their journey toward something new and oh-so-uncertain, a shadow emerges, determined to claim Kai for itself.

My Review:

Once again McKenna returns to Wyoming with a heartfelt and larger than life tale. I enjoy how the ongoing plot of the series melds with the emergent plot of this novel. It created a complex tale that really kept me on my toes. She also brings the scenery to life in a very picturesque way. Together this creates a complete whole that allowed me to immerse myself in the intricate & at times hard hitting tale.

The characters that McKenna has created were engaging. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them. Their intertwining pasts, presents, and futures created an entire picture for me. The different aspects that she brings to light made me feel as if I really knew them. The one of a kind cast that McKenna has developed here is both larger than life and very realistic.

McKenna has created an intricate and suspenseful tale that I thoroughly enjoyed. It’s a great story on its own and a fantastic part of the series.

Book Links 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jonel, thank you for taking the time to review my book, NIGHT HAWK. Merry Christmas. Warmly, Lindsay McKenna

    ReplyDelete