Friday, October 16, 2015

50 Harbor Street by Debbie Macomber

Title:  50 Harbor Street
Series:  Cedar Cove #5
Author:  Debbie Macomber
Publication Date:  September 1/05 by Mira Books
Length:  362pgs
Genre:  contemporary romance
Shelf:  own
Rating: ★★★★★

Back Cover Blurb:

Dear Reader,

Considering that I'm married to Cedar Cove's private investigator, you might think I enjoy mysteries.
But I don't -- especially when they involve us!
Roy's been receiving anonymous postcards and messages asking if we "regret the past."
We don't know what they mean....

On a more positive note, we're both delighted that our daughter, Linnette, has moved to Cedar Cove to work at the new medical clinic. A while ago I attended the humane society's "Dog and Bachelor Auction," where I bought her a date with Cal Washburn, who works at Cliff Harding's horse farm. Unfortunately Linnette is less enthusiastic about this date than I am.

Speaking of Cliff, the romance between him and Grace Sherman is back on. But that's only one of the many interesting stories here in Cedar Cove. So why don't you drop by for a coffee at my husband's office on Main Street or our house on Harbor and I'll tell you everything that's new!

Corrie

My Review:

What a wonderful story! Macomber seamlessly tells the tales of the lives of those who live in Cedar Cove in such an unforgettable manner that I can’t stop thinking about it. She not only told a wonderful story, but was also engaged my emotions. I found myself trying to unravel certain parts of the story while also hoping for the best for others. All the while, Macomber brings this small town to life in such a manner that I felt as if I were actually there.

I absolutely love bouncing around between all the characters’ lives. It gives the novel such a small town, homey feel. I finished the novel feeling as if I’d had a wonderful conversation with a close personal friend. This intimate method of character development really gave me insight into who everyone was, where they came from, and what they’re headed to. I appreciated the way that the various points of mystery passed one another. The way that everyone’s lives and troubles were so real and had me completely wrapped up in them. They completely captured my heart.

Once again Macomber has painted the world with the wonders of small town life. Her characters captured my heart and invited me into their lives for a short while, also leaving an open invite for a return visit.

Book Links 

No comments:

Post a Comment