Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The Clone Chronicles Omnibus by Patti Larsen

Title:  The Clone Chronicles Omnibus
Series:  The Clone Chronicles #1-3
Author:  Patti Larsen
Publication Date:  December 6/13 by Purely Paranormal Romance
Length:  572pgs
Genre:  dystopian
Shelf:  review
Rating: ★★★★★

Back Cover Blurb:

Clone Three wakes in a decaying city she is sure doesn’t match the one she came from. If only she could remember. She has a purpose at least--she must find her fellow clones, and the statue whose image is embedded in her mind. But she is lost, surrounded by a dead and crumbling metropolis, fought over by those who have been altered by the illness that has ravaged humankind, turning survivors into strange and terrible new forms. She must risk everything, including the safety of those who try to help her, in order to fulfill her task. But is she this crumbling world’s salvation… or the source of its downfall?

My Review:

What a vivid story and a unique take on the dystopian genre! Larsen hits the ground running from page 1 with an action packed, suspenseful novel that kept me on my toes. Her larger than life descriptions paint this post-apocalyptic for readers, allowing our imaginations to experience the trials faced here. The multilayered storyline, complete with intrigue, mystery, betrayal, and genuine friendship made this one impossible to put down. I devoured every aspect of it. It’s definitely one that will be loved by readers of all ages.

Larsen has a way with words that draws you into the heart of her story. Her detailed descriptions allowed me to picture this unimaginable world in vivid detail. The fast paced, unique, and exciting plot kept me on my toes, sparking my emotions throughout. The variety of different manifestations of the sick provided a complexly fascinating backdrop for the novel. I am still wondering exactly who and what the Crawlers are. This mystery has me dying to unravel it.

The 1st person narrative really makes this story. It puts you in the sphere of the main character, letting her frustration and fear shine through. At the same time her hope and caring sets the tone for something priceless. Trio trying to figure out who she is provides insight not only into her character but into the dynamics of the story as a whole. The ingenuity of these characters is fantastic. They never cease to amaze me. I do really hope that many of the supporting characters will reappear in the final novel of the series. So many of them have wound their way into my heart that I’d love to see them come back and redeem themselves. I love the diversity of the cast in this novel. Beckett, Poppy and Trio wiggled their way into my heart. Socrates’ unique blend of brilliance and childishness really made me stop & think about what these teens were dealing with. Conversely, there were some characters that I didn’t trust one bit & kept waiting for them to turn on everyone else. Yet all of the characters were so well developed. By the end of the novel I felt as if I’d met everyone.

The vivid, action packed story combined with the loveable characters to create something beyond compare. Larsen is a master bard who really knows how to bring her story to life. This novel was the adventure of a lifetime, full of hope & heartbreak & unforgettable scenes. It is a YA novel that will be loved by readers of all ages.

Book Links 

No comments:

Post a Comment