Friday, August 14, 2015

Rev It Up by Julie Ann Walker

Title:  Rev It Up
Series:  Black Knights Inc #3
Author:  Julie Ann Walker
Published:  October 2/12 by Julie Ann Walker
Length:  321pgs
Genre:  romantic suspense
Shelf:  own
Rating: ★★★★★

Back Cover Blurb:

He Never Misses A Target

Jake "the Snake" Sommers earned his SEAL code name by striking quickly and quietly-and with lethal force. That's also how he broke Michelle Carter's heart. It was the only way to keep her safe-from himself. Four long years later, Jake is determined to get a second chance. But to steal back into Michelle's loving arms, Jake is going to have to prove he can take things slow. Real slow...

She Aims To Make Him Beg

Michelle Carter has never forgiven Jake for being so cliché as to "love her and leave her." But when her brother, head of the Black Knights elite ops agency, ticks off the wrong mobster, she must do the unimaginable: place her life in Jake's hands. No matter what they call him, this man is far from cold-blooded. And once he's wrapped around her heat, he'll never let her go...

My Review:

What a story! Walker has developed a world that is vibrant & larger than life. The fast paced, action intensive story kept me on my toes throughout. The intensity of the tale kept me coming back for more. The suspense and danger was so real that it was palpable. Walker combines suspense with emotional upheaval in a manner that kept me on my toes. The mix of secret operatives with lust and true love was quite the mix. At the same time, the plot of the tale kept me on my toes & guessing.

Walker’s engaging characters took this story from great to fantastic. Their interactions with one another drew me into their world and let me feel as if I really knew them. I love how all of BKI is part of the story. There are no minor characters, yet no one outshines the main characters. Their second chance at a relationship was definitely a treat. Walker writes accents like a pro. The dialogue truly enhances the novel.

Walker has created an emotionally engaging, wildly suspenseful novel with all the heat that we’ve come to know and love from her work. This novel is a winner on its own and as part of this fantastic series.

Book Links 

No comments:

Post a Comment