Friday, August 21, 2015

Nightbloom by Juliette Cross

Title:  Nightbloom
Series:  Nightwing #3
Author:  Juliette Cross
Published:  September 1/15 by Lyrical Press
Length:  151pgs
Genre:  fantasy romance
Shelf:  Netgalley
Rating: ★★★★★+

Back Cover Blurb:

The love between a human and a Morgon, the dragon-hybrid race, tempts fate once more…

All her life, Ella Barrow has allowed others to make her decisions. Forced to stifle her artistic talents and stay in a loveless relationship with Clayton Kerrington, the man her mother believes to be her perfect match, Ella’s life may be safe—but it’s not her own. Paxon Nightwing, on the other hand, is anything but the safe choice.

A charming and alluring Morgon, Paxon sees Ella for the woman she truly is. His bold confidence and protective nature ignites a passion she’s never felt before. But a dark family tragedy forces their secrecy—until Clayton makes it impossible to hide their clandestine affair. Will Ella be strong enough to fight for herself at last? Or will she succumb once more and risk losing the only man she’s ever loved?

My Review:

Once again Cross takes to the pages of her novel with an enchanting, magical story that I won’t ever forget. Her dynamic storytelling allowed me to picture each and every aspect of this novel in a way that defies logic. I felt as if I lived it alongside the characters. The plot was unique, fast paced, and exciting. The twists and turns kept me on my toes throughout.

The Morgon world is a complexly multifaceted place, complete with a history, mythology, and geography of its own. Cross has created the ultimate fantasy world. The development that she began at the beginning of the series continues here, allowing readers even more insight into the delightful, and at times dangerous, world in which these characters live.

Ella was so much fun to get to know. Her internal struggle between what she wants and what duty calls for became palpable. Paxon’s character drew me in like a moth to a flame. He was the whole package, struggling with his desires and inner self, wanting nothing more than to protect his love, and just all round good guy. Together, these two had me hooked to the pages so that I couldn’t put the novel down.

With the release of Nightbloom Cross has cemented the fact that her Nightwing series is my favourite new release series. I’ll be avidly watching and waiting for more from this author, both in the series and otherwise. This novel was a fantastic addition to the series as well as a standout novel on its own. I can’t wait for more. This is definitely an author that’s on my watch list.

Book Links 

No comments:

Post a Comment