Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Clone Three by Patti Larsen

Title:  Clone Three
Series:  The Clone Chronicles #1
Author:  Patti Larsen
Published:  September 5/12
Length:  228pgs
Genre:  YA Dystopian
Shelf:  review
Rating: ★★★★★

Back Cover Blurb:

I haven’t a clue who I am.

Clone Three wakes up in a decaying city she is sure doesn’t match the one she came from. If only she could remember it, that is.

She has a purpose, at least--she must find her fellow clones, and the statue whose image is embedded in her mind. But she is lost, surrounded by a dead and crumbling metropolis, faced with those who have been altered by the illness that has ravaged the world turning survivors into strange, vicious creatures. She must risk everything, including the safety of her only allies, in order to complete the task that has been laid out before her.

But one question plagues her: is she this crumbling world’s salvation… or the source of its downfall?

My Review:

What a vivid story and a unique take on the dystopian genre! Larsen hits the ground running from page 1 with an action packed, suspenseful novel that kept me on my toes. Her larger than life descriptions paint this post-apocalyptic for readers, allowing our imaginations to experience the trials faced here. The multilayered storyline, complete with intrigue, mystery, betrayal, and genuine friendship made this one impossible to put down. I devoured every aspect of it. It’s definitely one that will be loved by readers of all ages.

The 1st person narrative really makes this story. It puts you in the sphere of the main character, letting her frustration and fear shine through. At the same time her hope and caring sets the tone for something priceless. I love the diversity of the cast in this novel. I absolutely loved some characters. Beckett, Poppy and Trio wiggled their way into my heart. Socrates’ unique blend of brilliance and childishness really made me stop & think about what these teens were dealing with. Conversely, there were some characters that I didn’t trust one bit & kept waiting for them to turn on everyone else. Yet all of the characters were so well developed. By the end of the novel I felt as if I’d met everyone.

Clone 3 definitely launches Larsen’s series well. The vivid, action packed story combined with the loveable characters to create something beyond compare. And the cliffhanger ending? Just one more reason that I can’t wait to read more of this brilliant series.

Book Links 

No comments:

Post a Comment