Friday, July 31, 2015

A Royal Baby Surprise by Cat Schield

Title:  A Royal Baby Surprise
Series:  The Sherdana Royals #2
Author:  Cat Schield
Publication Date:  August 1/15 by Harlequin Desire
Length:  192pgs
Genre:  contemporary romance
Shelf:  review
Rating: ★★★★★

Back Cover Blurb:

An heir to the throne gets an heir of his own…

Chasing the man who broke her heart halfway around the world to tell him she's pregnant is the hardest thing Brooke Davis has ever had to do. But when she catches up with him, he's got a surprise for her, too: he's been hiding his royal roots. Nic Alessandro is a prince, and Brooke's an unsuitable match—but their attraction is hotter than ever!

What will happen when royal duty and desire collide? Maybe Nic will have to take Brooke home to Sherdana and find out…

My Review:

Talk about a fairy tale romance with a twist! Schield had me wrapped up in romance, hoping for the best yet fearing the worst. I enjoyed every aspect of this novel. The plot is unique without being completely farfetched. The setting is developed in such a manner that you can easily picture it, but yet your imagination still has leeway.

Schield creates characters that are easy to relate to and even easier to fall in love with. Even though their lives were miles different than the one I lead everyday, I found myself able to sympathise with and understand their decisions and rationales. That said, even if I understood them, I may not have agreed with them. I found myself arguing with the characters throughout the novel, coaching them on what I wanted them to do and groaning when they did the opposite. It was absolutely fantastic. Nic was the perfect mix of suave prince, eccentric engineer, and dutiful son. Brooke, the lovelorn heroine, was a sight to behold throughout. I loved getting to know her.

Once again Schield has created a novel that held my attention from beginning to end. From characters to setting to plot she has it all nailed with this one. It’s an unforgettable fairy tale romance that I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend to one and all.

Book Links 

No comments:

Post a Comment