Monday, May 25, 2015

Meeting the Boss by Vickie Valentine

Title:  Meeting the Boss
Series:  Billionaire Obsession #1
Author:  Vickie Valentine
Published:  May 10/15
Length:  54pgs
Genre:  contemporary romance
Shelf:  review
Rating: ★★★★

Back Cover Blurb:

When I landed the best bartending job in downtown Chicago, the rules were clear as the Grey Goose martini I mixed for him. Don’t sleep with the patrons. I had no problem with that. Money didn’t impress me.

But Damon Baxter’s eyes did. Midnight blue, just like the name of his nightclub. The way they undressed me made me consider risking the most sought after job in the service industry. Nailing the position had been hard. Obeying the rules? Even harder.

Good thing I like it hard. I was never one for following orders. For one night with him, I would have sold my soul to the devil.

And that’s exactly what I did.

My Review:

This is definitely a steamy story! The instant attraction between the characters is so blatant that you can’t help but feel it. But Valentine’s story is about more than simply that. I appreciated how well she developed the bar that the characters find themselves in. I enjoyed the bartender lingo that was used consistently throughout. It really helped me get into the main character’s mindset & see things from her point of view.

Valentine has definitely created some memorable characters to carry this story forward. I can just picture Damon’s very ruled and ordered life being blown apart by his sexy heroine. These two characters also fit very well together. It was easy to see how they complement each other, without being seamless.

My final thoughts? Bring on the next instalment please! I can’t wait to see how this relationship develops.


No comments:

Post a Comment