Friday, April 3, 2015

Alpha's Heir by AJ Tipton

Title:  Alpha's Heir
Series:  Bear Shifter Billionaire #1
Author:  AJ Tipton
Published:  February 12/15
Length:  41pgs
Genre:  paranormal romance
Shelf:  review
Rating: ★★★★★

Back Cover Blurb:

Orson Antonov has everything: billions of dollars, stunning good looks, and the respect of his bear shifter clan. The only thing he can’t have is his freedom. Forced to marry a woman he doesn’t love to unite the clans, can Orson find the strength to break free?

When he meets Casey, the beautiful, full-figured woman of his dreams, he invites her to his luxurious mansion in the woods. He hopes he has finally found the inspiration to fight for freedom… and for love.

Casey dreams of launching her part-time catering jobs into a large scale business. She loves to feed people almost as much as she hates crappy dates and being told she is not good enough because of her size.

When the mysterious and unbearably sexy Orson comes into her life, everything changes. Swept into a world of stunning luxury and warring bears, can Casey survive the exciting and terrifying world of her new mate?

This book includes sassy curvy women, drool-worthy cooking, exciting bear attacks, and a love so hot it sizzles.

My Review:

Holy smokes! What a rush. Tipton took me on quite the ride with this one. This short, fast paced story had a bit of everything. I got my daily dose of paranormal, memorable character that I could connect with, and scenes that sizzle. The author works her descriptions in throughout the story, developing the scene as she tells her incredible story. I was amazed at how complete & full of a story it was, considering the page length. I felt like I’d actually become part of the characters’ lives by the end.

I’m a fan of BBW as main characters, especially when the characters themselves are ok with who they are. There’s a sense of realism and connection between character and reader at this point in time. Tipton’s female lead definitely personifies this. Above and beyond that, I really liked Casey as a person. Getting to know her was a rare treat. She really stood out for me, even against a drool-worthy Alpha male like Orson. Seeing the conflicts that he was working through within himself while still working towards the greater good was something that I won’t soon forget. Together, these two set my kindle on fire.

Fun, funny, & sexy as sin. That’s definitely how I’d sum up this story. Tipton had me hooked from beginning to end with this short & sweet taste of the love of a paranormal Alpha.


No comments:

Post a Comment