1. Treaty or no treaty—vampires and werewolves are natural enemies. And you think gatherings with your in-laws are tough?
2. Werewolf blood gets vampires high and it rarely ends well for the wolf. As a result, it’s forbidden to drink from them but the allure is stronger than that of a human. Typical. All the fun stuff is bad for you.
3. Most vampires are solitary creatures but wolves love pack life. While not a deal breaker, a typical vampire isn’t used to having a pack of wolves around all the time butting into their business.
4. Werewolves mate for life. Translation: Eternity. You have to seriously dig commitment to sign up for that.
5. Most werewolf males want offspring to carry on their line, especially if he happens to be the crown prince of the Werewolf Society. Vampires aren’t exactly the breeding type.
Sadie Pemberton, from Vampires Never Cry Wolf, is a two hundred year old vampire who is all too familiar with these five rules and has never been a fan of the wolves. However, when she meets Killian Bane, the crown prince of the Werewolf Society, she decides that rules are meant broken. She knows her attraction to him is unwise and could lead to all kinds of illegal activity but there’s just something about the alpha wolf that draws her closer each time she sees him. One by one the rules go out the window and Sadie finds herself tangling with the enemy in more ways that one. She quickly discovers that the forbidden fruit is the sweetest of all.
How about you? Have you ever fallen for someone who was considered off-limits?
About the author:
Series: Dead in the City #3
Author: Sara Humphreys
Published: March 3/15 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
Genre: paranormal romance
Back Cover Blurb:
As far as beautiful vampire Sadie Pemberton is concerned, werewolves shouldn’t be sticking their noses into New York’s supernatural politics. They don’t know jack about running a city—not even that hot-as-sin new vampire-werewolf liaison who’s just arrived in town.
Werewolves are too sexy for their own good…
The last thing Killian Bane wanted was to end up in New York City playing nice with vampires. Unfortunately, he’s on a mission, and when he encounters the sexiest, most stubborn female vamp he’s ever met, he’s going to have to turn on a little of that wolfish charm…and Sadie’s going to learn a thing or two about what it means to have a wild side…
All of the characters in this novel were so well developed that I felt as if I’d personally met them, rather than simply reading about them. Everyone was so real & larger than life, yet at the same time utterly believable. Humphreys definitely brought the paranormal into the real world with these characters, giving the entire story an extra element of believability. The concept of coven telepathy and bloodmates was intricately developed and I found that it really added to the story (and the characters) for me. Just the notion that it was possible was fantastic.
I thoroughly enjoyed Humphreys’ take on the paranormal and romance. She may just become my new go-to author for a steamy, exciting paranormal read.
Be sure to enter the tour wide giveaway with Vampires Never Cry Wolf & Sara Humphreys