Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Serenity Stone Murder by Marianne Jones

Title:  The Serenity Stone Murder
Author:  Marianne Jones
Published:  September 6/14 by Split Tree Publishing
Length:  204pgs
Format:  ecopy
Genre:  mystery
Shelf:  review
Rating: ★★★

Back Cover Blurb:

The peaceful city of Thunder Bay is shocked when one of its most prominent businessmen is murdered with a stone stolen from a nearby church garden. Visiting the city to attend a retreat, friends Margaret and Louise become intrigued by the circumstances surrounding the murder and quickly find themselves embroiled in the investigation. Will they discover that they've stepped into something they won't be able to walk away from? Will the murderer target them next?

My Review:

This was an intriguing, at times insightful murder mystery. The story was well written and thought out. Jones brings Thunder Bay to life in a real way. I really appreciate the attention to detail. I did find that her writing took me a bit to get into, but once I was there, I thoroughly enjoyed the story.

The characters in this novel were comically enjoyable. More than once I found myself giggling at their antics. The relationships and personal interactions in this novel were fantastic. Jones has a knack for bringing them to life in a realistic and ever-approachable manner. This really solidifies her characters, who they are, what they stand for.

Between the vivid scenery and intriguing story Carmichael has created a unique story that readers can easily enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment