Monday, December 8, 2014

Starry Night by Debbie Macomber

Title:  Starry Night
Author:  Debbie Macomber
Published:  October 8/13 by Ballantine Books
Length:  256pgs
Format:   hardcover
Genre:  contemporary romance
Shelf:  borrowed
Rating: ★★★★★

Back Cover Blurb:

’Tis the season for romance, second chances, and Christmas cheer with this new novel from Debbie Macomber.

Carrie Slayton, a big-city society-page columnist, longs to write more serious news stories. So her editor hands her a challenge: She can cover any topic she wants, but only if she first scores the paper an interview with Finn Dalton, the notoriously reclusive author.

Living in the remote Alaskan wilderness, Finn has written a mega-bestselling memoir about surviving in the wild. But he stubbornly declines to speak to anyone in the press, and no one even knows exactly where he lives.

Digging deep into Finn’s past, Carrie develops a theory on his whereabouts. It is the holidays, but her career is at stake, so she forsakes her family celebrations and flies out to snowy Alaska. When she finally finds Finn, she discovers a man both more charismatic and more stubborn than she even expected. And soon she is torn between pursuing the story of a lifetime and following her heart.

Filled with all the comforts and joys of Christmastime, Starry Night is a delightful novel of finding happiness in the most surprising places.

My Review:

Macomber captures the beauty and ferocity of the outdoors admirably. I could hear and feel the scenes around me while I was wrapped up in this unforgettable storyline. I was enchanted with the world that Macomber presented to her readers with this one. The intricate storyline captured my imagination and my emotions, taking me on a wild ride. The spirit of the Christmas season shines through, along with a myriad of other all too human issues to create a heartfelt and captivating story.

The characters really made this story for me. I couldn’t help but love both of the main characters for who they were. I loved the fact that they didn’t change who they were to suit the other person, while at the same time they were willing to compromise on major points. It was a refreshing change in a romance novel.

As much as I enjoy all of Macomber’s Christmas stories, this may just be my favourite yet. It’s a brilliant read for one and all.

|  Goodreads  |  Shelfari  |  Amazon  |  B&N  |  Indigo  |  Google Play  |

No comments:

Post a Comment