Sunday, January 26, 2014

Interview with Author Marie Laval


Today we get to learn more about author Marie Laval!

Thank you very much for welcoming me on your blog today. I am delighted to be here and have to opportunity to speak about my historical romance The Lion's Embrace published as an ebook by MuseitUp Publishing.

Q ~ Can you tell us a bit about yourself?

I am French, and was brought up in a village near the beautiful city of Lyon. I now live in Lancashire with my family and have - almost - got used to the rain and the grey skies.

Q ~ What’s something that you never leave home without?

My handbag.

Q ~ If you were stuck in a dingy floating in the middle of the ocean, who and what would you want with you and why?

Michel Desjoyeaux, one of the best sailors in the world, of course!

Q ~ What are your biggest influences in life? Who are your biggest supporters?

My mother, who was as kind, cheerful and lovely as a ray of sunshine, was always my biggest influence and there isn't a day when I don't think about her and I wonder what she would have said or done in my place. My biggest supporters are my three children.

Q ~ What is your favourite genre to read?

I love romance in all its forms.

Q ~ Can you tell me about your ideal reader?

She likes to dream and lose herself in a story.

Q ~ How did you begin writing professionally?

Writing was always my passion. I used to write short stories and when a few started getting published and get good reviews, I decided to try and write a novel. That was four years ago and I haven't stopped since!

Q ~ What’s the best thing that’s happened since you began writing? The worst?

The best thing was to receive the cover for my two historical novels. The next best thing was to meet wonderful people via Facebook and the social media. The worst thing has to be the lack of time to complete my projects. I always have so many ideas for plots and characters, and so little time...

Q ~ What prompted or inspired you to write The Lion’s Embrace?

I used to dream of the Sahara and the magnificent sceneries of the Hoggar mountains. Tin Hinan. music. tales and legends.

Q ~ What are you working on now?

I am completing two projects: a contemporary romantic suspense set in Provence in the South of France, and a historical romance set in Scotland.

Q ~ Do you have any advice for those who would like to begin writing professionally?

Carry on. Don't listen to people who try to discourage you. Write every day. Just do it!

A bit about The Lion's Embrace:

Historical Romance
Date Published: 2/2013

Algiers, 1845

Arrogant, selfish and dangerous, Lucas Saintclair is everything Harriet Montague dislikes in a man. He is also the best guide in the whole of the Barbary States, the only man who can rescue her archaeologist father from the gang of Tuareg fighters that has kidnapped him. As Harriet embarks on a perilous journey across Algeria with Saintclair and Archibald Drake, her father’s most trusted friend, she discovers a bewitching but brutal land where nothing is what it seems. Who are these men intent on stealing her father’s ransom? What was her father hoping to find in Tuareg queen Tin Hinan’s tomb? Is Lucas Saintclair really as callous as he claims—or is he a man haunted by a past he cannot forgive? Dangerous passions engulf Harriet’s heart in the heat of the Sahara. Secrets of lost treasures, rebel fighters, and a sinister criminal brotherhood threaten her life and the life of the man she loves.

Does forever lie in the lion’s embrace?

|  Amazon  |  Amazon UK  |  MuseItUp  |

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for hosting me today. I hope you enjoy the interview and reading about The Lion's Embrace.

    ReplyDelete