Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Price of a Kiss by Linda Kage

Title: Price of a Kiss
Author:  Linda Kage
Published:  August 15th 2013 
(first published August 14th 2013)
Page Count:  373
Genre:  NA Romance
Shelf:  Review Copy
Rating:  ★★★★

Synopsis from Goodreads:

I don’t care what my cousin says; I am not the queen of impossible relationships. I mean, just because my last boyfriend tried to kill me and left a bit of a scar on my neck, then forced me to move across the country and legally change my name to Reese Randall to escape him, does not mean—

Oh, who am I kidding? For a freshman in college, I have to have the worst dating track record ever.

It’s no wonder love is the last thing on my mind when Mason Lowe enters my life. But the chemistry between us is like bam! Our connection defies logic. And he’s just so freaking hot. Being around him makes me feel more alive than I’ve ever felt before. I even like bickering with him. He could be my soul mate...except for one teeny tiny glitch.

He's a gigolo.

Boy, do I know how to pick them.

Adult-content rating: This book contains content considered unsuitable for young readers 17 and under, and which may be offensive to some readers of all ages.

My Review:

This author really knows how to tell a story. Her amazing storyline winds its way through the ins and outs of her characters’ lives seamlessly. Kage’s intriguing method of storytelling melds with her subtle descriptions and captivating narrative to create a whole that will leave you smiling and thinking.

Kage really knows how to work a shock factor into her story. That said, she also works it in so it seems completely normal and natural. This story flows quite smoothly, everything working off of what came before it. You may be shocked, surprised, or stunned by the events but nothing ever seems out of place. It is also an emotionally satisfying novel. It may take you through a gamut of emotions throughout, but leaves you with a smile on your face at the end.

The cast of characters in this novel is definitely unique. The main characters are so well developed that you feel as if you’ve known them your entire life. They are also very real and approachable individuals. You want to see them succeed against all odds, and believe me, there are some. The supporting cast really helps to round out this story. Everyone is unique to their situation in life and developed to show this, without overshadowing the main characters.

I’ve never laughed as hard at a book as I did during parts of this one. Kage has a way of drawing you right into this world and having you live alongside the characters without you even knowing it. I also fell in love, was on the edge of my seat with suspense, and felt my heart go out to the characters. This is an amazing novel for anyone who enjoys romance a little out of the ordinary.

Add to your Goodreads shelves.
Buy online via Amazon, B&N, or Kobo.

No comments:

Post a Comment