Saturday, June 15, 2013

In Gods' Hands by Jessa Callaver

Title:  In Gods' Hands
Author:  Jessa Callaver
Published:  February 23rd 2013 by Smashwords, Inc
Page Count:  24
Genre:  Paranormal Romance
Shelf:  Review Copy
Rating:  ★★★★

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Masks, mischief, all-night partying. It's Carnival in Italy...for everyone but Cassandra Tracy. The girl who's never met a low-life she didn't like. Turned out onto the streets in the wake of her cheating boyfriend's latest indiscretion, she goes looking to drown her sorrows. And encounters...a most divine intervention.

Adult-content rating: This book contains content considered unsuitable for young readers 17 and under, and which may be offensive to some readers of all ages.

My Review:

This is a uniquely lively novella that keeps you captivated and doesn’t let you get away.

I love the mix of reality and the supernatural, of humans with gods. I also enjoyed how Callaver presents one of the gods in his many forms. I appreciate that the forms that she presented can all be seen as the flip side to a coin, and you can easily see the correlation between these gods from different cultures and civilizations.

I can’t believe how fun these characters were, considering how short this story was. I truly enjoyed my time with them and feel like I actually met them. The characters all remained somewhat mysterious, but yet it fits perfectly with the storyline.

Overall this was a brilliant short story that was well worth the read.

Buy your copy online here today!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment